Content is crucial for creating compelling stories that attract the right people and activate engagement.
But to bring the desired results, content requires consistency. It requires a tone of voice that is appropriate for your brand and audience. And it requires a plan of attack.
You can't just open a Google doc and expect the first thing that comes to mind to be the right solution. That's why we've created a thorough content strategy to guide you through creating that tone, messaging and plan of attack.
We begin with a content workshop to define your voice and craft a way to speak to the world. We do this by looking at 5 core areas:
- Your tone of voice - how your content 'speaks'. Are you serious and formal or light-heart and playful? Perhaps daring and bold or humorous and sarcastic.
- Buyer personas - who your content speaks to. For example, your tone may differ slightly when addressing clients vs investors.
- Content goals - what your content serves to do. Is it landing page web copy aimed at conversions or is it long-form blog content aimed at showcasing expertise, sharing insights and gaining organic visibility?
- Generating content ideas - where and when your content will appear. Thinking about content goals will influence the placement of content and your publishing calendar.
- Optimising for SEO - why your content exists. How will your audience find this content? Keyword research should guide content creation.
Since we believe in a collaborative approach, we'll present our content strategy to you and your team before receiving the seal of approval to move onto production.
Here's the exciting part!
We'll take your content strategy and begin creation, following our proven process:
- Research - knowledge gathering around a topic, keywords and competitors
- Content brief - an outline of the content to be produced (like listing the chapter titles of a book)
- Draft - the first version of content production
- Refining - amending content for depth and fluidity
- Proofing - a read over with fresh eyes to ensure technical accuracy
- Review - an opportunity for you to provide feedback
- Edit - acting on feedback to create the final version
- Publish - sharing content with the big wide world (webpage, blog, newsletter, socials, etc.)
No content should be left alone to dwindle and die! It should be regularly reviewed to ensure it performs at its best.
For clients who partner with us for ongoing marketing support, we use a combination of free tools and advanced, paid software, to monitor and track content performance.
We report on metrics such as position tracking and organic visibility for SEO-driven content and engagement for social media content. This means we're able to see which type of content is performing the best.
We update and optimise your content frequently using a variety of metrics to establish where there is room for improvement.