About the role
We’re looking for a motion designer to help us create brands that move people. As an experienced motion designer, you will bring life and movement across client work and internal projects. This role will be predominantly 2D animation with some video editing however, 3D animation skills are an advantage.
You’ll need to be able to lead projects, create storyboards, design style frames and help pitch visually and conceptually on new work, exploring and developing visual identities through motion.
What we're looking for
- Excellent motion design skillset.
- The ability to use Adobe CC - After Effects, Premier Pro, Audition - and associated motion software.
- Ability to articulate and present a clear rationale to accompany the work.
- A passion for 2D motion graphics design and animation, with the ability to animate a variety of styles of techniques.
- An expert in film and animation principles - timing, framing, lighting and design - and can channel these to create compelling films and experiences.
- 2 years' experience in motion design, animation, film or interactive, across brands and social platforms either in a production company, design studio or freelance capacity.
What you'll be doing
You'll partner closely with our branding team to expand and build upon creative concepts and ideas, delivering the best possible creative solution in motion. You will need to be able to evolve and adjust your style to work across different brands.
- Develop motion graphics based on static visuals using Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator and Premier Pro.
- Planning and producing films and other motion content, from initial script and storyboard through to production and editing.
- Oversee and manage the preparation of all finished files that will comply with the correct output specifications.
- Keeping a keen eye on any new motion tools as they become available.
- Producing and delivering high quality, easily usable motion assets that are readily adopted across our clients’ organisations.
- Continuously discovering new tools, processes and ideas, adding to the breadth and diversity of creative development in the community.
As a person you'll need to be
- Good at time management with the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst under pressure.
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to take control of projects independently.
- Passionate about leading-edge technology and love to learn new stuff.
- A great communicator (specifically English, both written and verbal).
- Well-versed in understanding the creative process, from initial brief to launch.
- Meticulous - have a great eye for detail (that's why you’ll include “to infinity" in your application).
- Work from anywhere
- Health and well-being budget
- 10% learning time for skill development
- Regular reviews and a career pathway
- Company retreat when it’s possible to fly to somewhere exotic!
- Flexible working hours - as long as you meet deadlines and produce high quality deliverables, we're not fussed what time of day you work
- Birthday day off - you deserve it!
- Work from home kit - your own cosy set of branded workwear and other accessories
- +1 Holiday - An extra day of holiday for each year with us
If your dream is to be part of a fast-growing start-up, this is a fantastic opportunity to work on a variety of creative projects across multiple industries, having an unparalleled impact on both culture and the results of the company.
This is a full time remote position.
Salary based on experience and location.
About Beyond Agency
At Beyond Agency, we're bringing world-class marketing solutions to ambitious brands who want to transform the online world.
Since launching 2 years ago, we've grown to a team of 6 and helped transform some of the largest companies in their sector to bring more value to their customers.
We're 100% independent, 100% remote (always, not just in 2021) and 100% organic - we have built a 6-figure revenue without using ads and we’re growing fast.
We believe the online space is playing a huge role in solving today's biggest problems - from business to social change, website creators and digital marketers are making an impact, and they can do it while working from anywhere, anytime.
How to apply
Use this link to apply, you’ll hear from us either way.
Here’s what you can expect from the rest of our hiring process:
- We review your application and portfolio
- A 30 min zoom interview to get to know you and see if it’s a good fit
- A small paid assignment
- 3 month trial period (paid)
- Final 30 min interview with founder
- Get an offer!
We’ll keep you informed at every step.
Beyond Agency is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and hire the best person for each role, no matter your personal background. We encourage every person who is interested to apply. Take the leap - you never know, you might just be the perfect person for the role, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description above.
We are based in the UK, so you'll need to have at least 4 hours overlapping with us during your workday (which probably makes Australia not ideal!)
If you are not based in the UK, you will be hired as a contractor and liable for your own tax / pension payments.